paul brindley consults (pbc) is the only Los Angeles based firm that specializes in assisting Australian designers and manufacturers to launch and succeed in the United States apparel market.
pbc also works with US-based designers and manufacturers to ensure a smooth access to the challenging, exciting, and lucrative US fashion world.
What we do
pbc guides you into and through the United States fashion industry.
- We conduct market research and advise on the US apparel market to our clients, industry groups and governmental organizations.
- We source the most appropriate US sales channels, including independent showrooms and agents, corporate sales, wholesale distribution or licensing.
- We provide referrals to key contacts in PR, logistics, legal, factoring, etc.
- We make sure our international clients are export ready.
- We report on the business of the fashion industry via our blog that is read worldwide - pbc Fashion Blogs.
We save you the time, money and risk involved in connecting with the right people, all while you are doing what you do best – running your business.
The biggest challenge facing companies new to the US market is creating the right partnerships. This is not something that can be done over the Internet or remotely over the phone
Imagine the time, money and effort it takes to launch your product in the US with limited knowledge of the regional markets, of the range of possible sales channels, trends, fee structures and sales specializations. With our insider knowledge of the markets and our relationships with quality professionals within the industry, we can help facilitate and simplify the entire process.
pbc also helps you get export ready, and ensure you get your goods to market. It is crucial to be fully aware of the requirements of the US market. Anything that hinders you from getting your product to market on time as ordered can make the difference between success and failure in the US. We provide detailed information and guidance on what it takes to operate in the US apparel industry through our comprehensive US Apparel Market Guide.
In addition, pbc assists you by providing first quality referrals to vetted services such as:
- the finest Public Relations & Marketing firms in Los Angeles and New York
- industry experienced legal services
- personalized and affordable visa processing
- logistics, freight forwarding and fulfillment services
- factors and asset-based lenders
- US-based production facilities to help get you on your way.
How we do it
With over 15 years of experience and extensive national contacts in the fashion industry including with our relationships with quality sales professionals, pbc provides a short cut through the costly maze that confronts designers and manufacturers attempting to make sense of what is a competitive, complex and highly fragmented industry.
Through our consultative process:
- We work with you to clearly define your goals and aspirations for your collection in the US. You provide us with product samples, line sheets, look-books, price lists – any resources that best represent your collection.
- We review all the material with you to ensure we are the ultimate advocates.
- We meet at length with the sales channel representatives and showrooms, showcase your product, obtain objective and constructive feedback, gauge the interest of the particular firm in representing you, and synthesize the feedback.
- We collate all the information into two reports – a comprehensive US Apparel Market Guide and an extensive Customized Client Report that will include the direct contact details of the sales professionals concerned.
- We assist you as you assess the shortlist of sales channels options.
- We make recommendations on the best option for you.
- We advise you through the contracting process.
- We refer you to first quality logistics firms that ensure you get your goods to market and provide the vital back office services.
Our goal is always to settle you with the right sales representation and arm you with insider knowledge to maximize your success in the United States apparel market.
What should you do
Email, text or call us today to schedule a meeting, and get started.