paul brindley consults (pbc) is a Los Angeles based firm that specializes in assisting US and international designers and manufacturers to launch, position and accelerate in the United States apparel market.
What we do
- We conduct market research for designers and manufacturers to ensure there is need and demand in the US market for their labels.
- We collect market intelligence and report on the US apparel market to designers and manufacturers, industry groups and governmental organizations.
- We source the most appropriate US sales channels for designers and manufacturers, including independent showrooms and agents, corporate sales, wholesale distribution or licensing.
- We consult with and advise designers and manufacturers to ensure they are export ready, including landed pricing, market timing, supply chain optimization, tariffs, customs duty and other importation costs, and trade show suitability.
- We report on the business of the worldwide fashion industry via our internationally read blog, “whats hot, what’s not, what’s next” – pbc Fashion Blogs.
The greatest challenge facing companies new to the US market is creating the right strategic partnerships. We mitigate the time, money and effort it takes to launch your product in the US with our insider knowledge of the markets and our relationships with quality professionals within the industry.
pbc has a vetted network of over 300 first quality industry providers that includes:
- full service sales distributors and independent sales agents and showrooms
- logistics and fulfillment service providers
- customs brokers and freight forwarders
- public relations and marketing firms
- industry experienced legal services
- factors and asset-based lenders
- US-based production facilities
How we do it
pbc provides a short cut through the costly maze that confronts designers and manufacturers attempting to make sense of what is a competitive, complex and highly fragmented industry.
Through our consultative process:
- We work with you to clearly define your goals and aspirations for your collection in the US.
- You provide us with product samples, line sheets, look-books, price lists – any resources that best represent your collection.
- We review all the material with you to ensure we are the ultimate advocates.
- We meet at length with the sales channel representatives and showrooms, showcase your product, obtain objective and constructive feedback, gauge the interest of the particular firm in representing you, and synthesize the feedback.
- We assist you as you assess the shortlist of sales channels options.
- We make recommendations on the best sales option for you.
- We advise you through the contracting process.
- We refer you to first quality logistics firms that ensure you get your goods to market and provide the vital back office services.
Our goal is always to settle you with the right sales representation and arm you with insider knowledge to maximize your success in the United States apparel market.